2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate | CAS 868-77-9
Product Information of 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA)
- Product Name: 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA)
- Synonyms: Hydroxyethyl methacrylate; GMA; HEMA; Heme-a; EB 109; GE 610; HEMA 90; Mhoromer; BleMMer E; NSC 24180; HEMA HISS; 2HEMA; 2-HYDROXYETHYL 2-METHYLPROPERIOATE; ETHYLENE GLYCOL METHACRYLATE; ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHACRYLATE; GLYCOL METHACRYLATE; HEMA GLYCOL METHACRYLATE; METHACRYLIC ACID 2-HYDROXYETHYL ESTER; METHACRYLIC ACID HYDROXYETHYL ESTER; 1,2-Ethanediol, mono(2-methyl)-2-propenoate-; 2-(Methacryloyloxy)ethanol; 2-Hydroxyethyl 2-methylacrylate; 2-Hydroxyethyl-2-methyl-2-propenoate; 2-Methyl-2-propenoic acid, 2-hydroxyethyl ester; 2-Propenoic acid, 2-methyl-, 2-hydroxyethyl ester
- CAS No.: 868-77-9
- EINECS NO.: 212-782-2
- Molecular Formula: C6H10O3
- Molecular Weight: 130.14 g/mol
- Package: 200 kg iron-plastic drum or plastic drum
- Application: 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate is mainly used in production of thermosetting coatings, fiber-treating agent, photo sensitive resin, adhesive and medical macromolecular materials, etc.
Chemical and Physical Properties of 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate
- Appearance: Colorless transparent liquid
- Melting Point: -12 °C
- Boiling Point: 67℃ 3.5 mm Hg(lit.), 95℃ (1.333kPa)
- Density: 1.073 g/ml at 25 °C(lit.)
- Solubility: Soluble in water, alcohol, ether and other organic solvents.
Application of 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate
- It is mainly used for the modification of resin and coating.
- It can be used for synthetic textile adhesives and medical polymer monomers.
- Used for producing coatings, resin for automotive topcoat and primer.
- In the plastics industry, it can be used to produce acrylic acid esters containing active hydroxyl groups. In the coatings industry, it is equipped with epoxy resin, diisocyanate, melamine formaldehyde resin and so on to prepare two component coatings. In the oil industry, it is used as an additive for lubricating oil washing. It is used as a chemical reagent in analytical chemistry.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.