Alpha Olefin Sulfonate | CAS 68439-57-6
Product Information of Alpha Olefin Sulfonate
- Product Name: Alpha Olefin Sulfonate (AOS)
- Synonyms: Sodium alpha-olefin Sulfonate; Bio-Terge AS-40K; α-olefin sulfonate; SODIUM A-OLEFIN SULFONATE; Alpha Olefin Sulfonate(AOS); SODIUMC14-16OLEFINSULPHONATE; sodium c14-16 olefin sulfonate; SODIUMC14-16ALPHAOLEFINSULFONATE; Sodium olefin-(C14-C16)-sulfonate; Sodium Alpha Olefin Sulphonate 92%; Sodium Alpha Olefin Sulfonate 35%, 92%
- Molecular Formula: R-CH=CH-(CH2)n-SO3Na, R=C10-20
- CAS NO.: 68439-57-6
- EINECS No.: 270-407-8
- Quality Standard: GBT 20200-2006
- Package: Powder / needle form products, craft-paper bags, 25 kg net weight. Liquid form products, plastic barrels, 200 kg net weight.
- Storage: Powder and needle form products, store in a cool, dry place. Avoid moisture and heat. Liquid products, avoid press.
Product specification of Alpha Olefin Sulfonate
|Item||Standard of Analysis|
|Appearance||Light yellow powder||Light yellow liquid|
|Active matter (%)||≥92||35.0±1|
|Petroleum ether soluble substances (%)||≤3.0||≤1.5|
|Inorganic salts (%)||≤5.0||≤1.5|
|Free alkalinity (%)||≤1.0||≤0.3|
|pH value (1% aq. solution)||9.5~11.5||–|
|Color (Hazen, 5% a.m. solution)||–||≤60|
Characteristics of Alpha Olefin Sulfonate
- Excellent surface activity.
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonate with C14 and C16 has good solubility and can be used in liquid detergents.
- Wetting force: LAS>AOS14-16>AES≈K12>AOS14-18>MES.
- Good foaming power, AOS’s foam can be suppressed with soap and so on.
- Good resistance to hard water.
- Good dispersion of calcium soap.
- Detersive power: AES(EO=3)>AOS14-16>AOS14-18>K12>LAS
- Biodegradability: AS>AOS>MES>AES>LAS>ABS
Applications of Alpha Olefin Sulfonate
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonate is mainly be used in washing powder, soap and liquid detergent.
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonate can be used in personal care products such as bath lotion, hand sanitizer and cleansing milk.
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonate has been widely applied in textile printing and dyeing industry, petrochemical industry, three times oil recovery and industrial cleaning.
- AOS can be used as concrete density improver, foam agent for foam wall board and fire fighting.
- It can also be used as a pesticide emulsifier, wetting agent and so on.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.