Chitosan oligosaccharide, also called chitin oligosaccharides, generic beta -1, 4- oligo glucosamine, is made the chitosan by special biological technology to deal with and get a brand new product. Chitosan oligosaccharide has good water soluble, low molecular weight products, large function and high biological activity. It has higher solubility of chitosan and good biological absorption and many other unique features.
- Origin: Snow crab shell
- Preparation: Monomers of chitosan oligosaccharide are made from crab shell, and obtained by enzymatic hydrolysis, chemical derivatization and column chromatography, the degree of polymerization is from 2 to 10.
- Character: They are white or light yellow power or flocculent lyophilized things, with odor free and humidifying.
Chitosan oligosaccharide standards can be developed chitosan oligosaccharide’s applications in pharmaceuticals, foods, modern agriculture, feed, daily chemical industry and biochemical reagents. They are reference substances in assay, analysis and quality control. They could also be applied in research fields of carbohydrate chemistry and glycobiology, such as preparation of oligosaccharide microarray, the interaction between oligosaccharide and protein, and structure-activity relationship and mechanism of oligosaccharide-derived medicine.
Applications of chitosan oligosaccharide
Compared with other chitosans , chitosan oligosaccharide has some special functions and characters, including good aqueous solubility, moisture absorption, and antibiosis and so on.
- In health food. As the sixth essential element of the body, the chitosan oligosaccharide is of low sugariness, low heat value, asepsis & no side effects and able to reduce blood fat & blood sugar. Biological health food, produced with chitosan oligosaccharide as the main raw materials, not only is favorable to the increment of bacillus in the human’s intestine, but also can prevent the generation of toxic fungus and putridity in the human’s intestine, raise the quality and quantity of cellulose in the human body, and increase the immunity of airframes. Chitosan oligosaccharide can achieve the use of anticancer by activating the achroacyte in the human body and controlling the generation & expansion of cancer cells. Chitosan oligosaccharide can effectively activate the achroacyte in the human body and improve the body’s ability to resist germs.
- On cosmetics. Chitosan oligosaccharide is mainly concerned with its excellent performance of moisture maintenance and damping. The excellence is more obvious used in cleansing facial milk and all kinds of creams, etc. Adding certain amount of chitosan oligosaccharide to cosmetics not only can prevent the moisture content in cosmetics from disappearing, but also make hydration to the moisture on the cuticle. Other cosmetics with chitosan oligosaccharide are also easy to be absorbed by the skin, and can promote blood circulation.
- Other industry. With restraining from putrescence, so that chitosan oligosaccharide can be applied in the agriculture widely.
Specifications of chitosan oligosaccharide
|Appearance||light or slight yellow powder|
|Solubility %||>99 (water )|
|Loss on Drying %||< 10|
|Residue on Ignition %||< 1|
|Particle size mesh||≥80|
|Molecular weight||<3000, <6000 , <10000|
|Heavy Metals ppm||≤10|
|Microbiological||Total plate count: ≤1,000 CFU/g
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.