gamma-Butyrolactone | CAS 96-48-0
gamma-Butyrolactone Product Information
gamma-Butyrolactone(GBL) is a deliquescent easily, colorless, oily liquid with a weak characteristic odor and soluble in water. gamma-Butyrolactone is a common solvent and reagent in chemistry, it is also used as an aromatic substance, detergent, cyanoacrylate remover, paint removing agent and solvent liquid aluminum electrolytic capacitor. We are gamma-Butyrolactone supplier and sell high quality gamma-Butyrolactone (CAS 96-48-0), please contact us if you want to buy gamma-Butyrolactone (CAS 96-48-0).
- CAS NO.: 96-48-0
- EINECS No.: 202-509-5
- Molecular Formula: C4H6O2
- Molecular mass: 86.089 g/mol
- IUPAC name: Dihydrofuran-2(3H)-one
- Other names: GBL, butyrolactone; 1,4-lactone; 4-butyrolactone; 4-hydroxybutyric acid lactone; gamma-hydroxybutyric acid lactone; oxolan-2-one; γ-Butyrolactone; 96-48-0
- Boiling Point: 204℃
- Packaging: 200 kgs drum or ISO tank
gamma-Butyrolactone Product Properties
gamma-Butyrolactone is a colorless, transparent oily liquid having a smell that is similar to acetone smell. It can be miscible with water, acetone, carbon tetrachloride and ethanol and be decomposed in hot alkaline solution.
Gamma butyrolactone belongs to a low-toxicity solvent with anaesthetic effect that can irritate skin when absorbed by the skin.
gamma-Butyrolactone Product specification
|Purity ( Wt.%)||≥99.50|
gamma-Butyrolactone Product Uses
- In the manufacturing, gamma-Butyrolactone can be used to produce 2-pyrrolidone, N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone and polyvinyl-pyrrolidone. It is also an ideal antioxidant, plasticizer, extractant, absorbent, dispersant, color fixing agent and coagulant.
- In the pharmaceutical industry, it can be used as an anaesthetic and pacifier, as well as to synthesize Ciprofloxacin and interferons, vitamins and cyclopropylamine.
- In agricultural industry, it also has a wide range of applications and can be used in the production of plant growth agent and pesticides.
- In addition, it can be used in the manufacturing of batteries and capacitors, etc.
Storage and Transportation
gamma-Butyrolactone is a hygroscopic combustible liquids that can absorb moisture. It should be stored hermetically in dry and shady places. When transported, it should be laid on and off lightly to prevent leakage.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.