Polyvinyl Alcohol | CAS 9002-89-5
- CAS NO.: 9002-89-5
- EINECS No.: 209-183-3
- Molecular Formula: (C2H4O)n
- Synonyms: Hydroxyethylene; Alcotex 17F-H; Alcotex 88/05; Alcotex 88/10; Alcotex 99/10; Alkotex; Alvyl; Aracet APV; Cipoviol W 72
- Other Names: PVOH, Poly(Ethenol), Ethenol, homopolymer; PVA, Polyviol; Vinol, Alvyl, Alcotex, Covol, Gelvatol, Lemol, Mowiol, Mowiflex, Alcotex, Elvanol, Nelfilcon A, Polyviol und Rhodoviol.
Polyvinyl Alcohol Properties
Polyvinyl alcohol (CAS: 9002-89-5) resin is a kind of heavy polymer. It is usually a white or slight yellow floccules, flake, granular or powdery in appearance.
Polyvinyl alcohol is non-toxic, insipid and non-polluting. Polyvinyl alcohol is a kind of water-soluble resin with good chemical stability. It also has good adhesion, film-forming ability, insulation, oil resistance, abrasion resistance and gas barrier properties, and has typical chemical properties of polyols and can make esterification, etherification, acetalization reactions.
Polyvinyl Alcohol Uses
- In the textile industry , they are mainly used as yarn pulp, fabric finishing agents, and raw materials of vinylon fibers.
- In the construction and decoration industries, they can be used as mortar cement additives, paint additives for interior and exterior walls, and molding plate adhesives.
- In the chemical industry, polyvinyl alcohol can be used as polymerization emulsifier, dispersant, and raw material for the production of PVF, acetal and butyral resin.
- In lumbering and paper-making industries, polyvinyl alcohols can be used as adhesives.
- In agriculture, polyvinyl alcohol (CAS: 9002-89-5) can be used as soil improver, pesticide adhesion synergist and PVA film.
- In petroleum exploitation, polyvinyl alcohol can be used as well-cementing agent.
- In addition, polyvinyl alcohol (CAS: 9002-89-5) can also be used in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals， printing ,ceramics, steel, electronics, electroplating, and so on.
Packaging, Storage and Transport
- Packaging: 20 / 25 kgs paper bags
- Bulk Package: 600 – 700kgs per Bulk bags
- Storage: It should be stored indoor in a well ventilated and dry room. Prevent exposure to dampness, sunlight and rain.
- Transportation: During transportation, the products should be moved gently to prevent damaging the packing bags. Avoid direct contact with naked flame, when they are caught with a fire, use any fire extinguishers to put out the fire.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.