Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) | CAS 9003-39-8
Product Information of Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)
Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is a kind of non-ionic polymeric compound, it is the most characteristic and widely studied fine chemical in N- vinyl amide polymers. It has developed into 3 main categories: nonionic, cationic and anionic. It has 3 specifications of industrial grade, medical grade and food grade. Homopolymers, copolymers and crosslinked polymers with molecular weights ranging from thousands to more than one million. It has been widely used for its excellent and unique properties.
- Product Name: Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)
- Synonyms:1-ethenylpyrrolidin-2-one; Povidone; Copovidone; PVPP; Crospovidone; Polyvidone; PNVP; Poly[1-(2-oxo-1-pyrrolidinyl)ethylen]; 1-Ethenyl-2-pyrrolidon homopolymer; 1-Vinyl-2-pyrrolidinon-Polymere; NVP
- CAS No.: 9003-39-8
- EINECS No.: 1312995-182-4
- Molecular Formula: (C6H9NO)n
- Upstream raw materials: 1, 4-butanediol, monoethanolamine
- Packaging and Storage: Packed in 25, 50 kg fiber or plastic drum, inner lined with PE bags. Stored in dry place at room temperature.
Physicochemical properties of Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)
- Appearance: A hydrophilic, easily flowing white or nearly white powder. There is a slight odor.
- Density:144 g/cm3
- Boiling point:6°C
- Melting point: 130°C
- Flash point:9°C
- Average molecular weight: 8000-700000
- Stability: It is stable under normal temperature and atmospheric pressure.
- Solubility: Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is highly soluble in water and halogenated hydrocarbon solvents, alcohols, amines, nitroalkanes and low molecular fatty acids. It is insoluble in solvents such as acetone, diethyl ether, turpentine and aliphatic hydrocarbon. It can be compatible with most inorganic salts and many kinds of resins.
Applications of Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)
- Binder for tablets, granules and hard gelatin capsules.
- Bioavailability enhencement, film formation, solubilization.
- Injection preparations, stabilization of suspensions, drug stabilization.
- Dietetic tablets in neutritional products.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.