Potassium bifluoride | CAS 7789-29-9
- CAS NO.: 7789-29-9
- EINECS No.: 232-156-2
- Molecular Formula: F2HK
- Molecular Weight: 78.1
- UN: 1811
- Synonyms: Bifluorure de potassium; bifluoruredepotassium; Hydrogen potassium fluoride; hydrogenpotassiumfluoride; Appearance: Achromaticity crystals
- Purity(HF): 98%
- Melting point: 239 °C(lit.)
- Density: 2.37 g/ml at 25 °C(lit.)
- Water Solubility: 39 g/100 ml (20 ºC)
- Sensitive: Hygroscopic
- Merck: 14,7610
- Character: It is a colorless tetragonal or cubic crystal with slightly acidic smell and relative density of 2.37, mp 225°C. It is easy soluble in water, insoluble in alcohol. Its aqueous solution is acidity. It is stable in dry air, but decomposes to release hydrogen fluoride in humid air. It gives of HF when heated to 310°C, and the steam pressure of hydrogen fluoride could reach 0.10325Mpa(l atm) at 400°C. The activity of fused potassium bifluoride is greater than potassium fluoride. It is toxic and caustic.
- Uses: It is used in dielectric in the manufacture of anhydrate hydrogen fluoride, pure potassium fluoride and fluorine. It is also used to manufacture optical glass and carving glass, as flux of silver ware, as timber antiseptic and shelter and as catalyst in the alkylation of benzene.
- Packing: Packing with plastic woven bag lined with polythene plastic bag . 25kg per bag.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.