Photoinitiator 2959 | CAS 106797-53-9
Product Information of Photoinitiator 2959
Photoinitiator 2959 is the only FDA-certified system that allows for the use of photoinitiators, low odor, low volatility, low yellowing, and reactive hydroxyethoxy end hydroxyl groups that can participate in the reaction. It can be used in aqueous photocuring systems. It can be used in adhesives that are not in direct contact with foods. It has a high melting point and can also be used in UV curable powder coatings. It is mainly used as UV coating, ink and adhesive sensitizer in the initiation process. It is better than (ITX+EDAB) and BDK, is not sensitive to oxygen inhibition, and has low volatility and excellent surface curing effect. The spectral absorption band is mainly in the short wavelength band, and the deep curing effect for the UV pigment system is not very good, and it is best to use it together with 369.
- Product Name: 2-hydroxy-4′-(2-hydroxyethoxy)-2-methyl-propiophe
- Synonyms: Photoinitiator 2959; 2-Hydroxy-1-[4-(2-hydroxyethoxy)phenyl]-2-methylpropan-1-one; Darocur 2959; Irgacure 2959
- CAS NO.: 106797-53-9
- EINECS NO.: 402-670-3
- Molecular Formula: C12H16O4
- Molecular Weight: 224.25 g/mol
- Key Properties: Low yellowing, low odor.
- Solubility: Soluble in alcohol and alkali solution, precipitated in acid is almost insoluble in water.
- Storage Conditions: Store in a cool and dry place, prevent from sunlight.
- Main Use: UV curing coatings and inks.
Product specifications of photoinitiator 2959
|Boiling Point||405°C at 760 mmHg|
|Methanol Insoluble||Clear and transparent, no toluene insoluble|
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.