Benzil Dimethyl Ketal | CAS 24650-42-8
Product Information of Benzil Dimethyl Ketal
- Product Name: Benzil Dimethyl Ketal (Photoinitiator BDK)
- Chemical Name: 2,2-Dimethoxy-2-phenylacetophenone
- Synonyms: ALPHA,ALPHA-DIMETHOXY-ALPHA-PHENYLACETOPHENONE; BDK; BENZIL ALPHA,ALPHA-DIMETHYL ACETAL; DIMETHYL BENZIL KETAL; DMPA; PHOTOCURE 51; 1,2-Diphenylethane-1,2-dione,dimethylketal; 2,2-dimethoxy-1,2-diphenyl-ethanon; 2,2-Dimethoxy-1,2-diphenylethanone; 2,2-dimethoxy-1,2-diphenyl-Ethanone; 2,2-dimethoxyphenylacetophenone; alpha,alpha-dimethoxydeoxybenzoin; benzildimethylacetal; benzilmono(dimethylacetal); benzilmono(dimethylketal); esacurekb1; Ethanone,2,2-dimethoxy-1,2-diphenyl-; irg651; Phenyldimethoxyacetophenone
- CAS No.: 24650-42-8
- EINECS No.: 246-386-6
- Molecular Formula: C16H16O3
- Molecular Weight: 256.30
- Key Properties: High efficiency, yellowing, surface-curing
Physical Properties of Benzil Dimethyl Ketal (CAS 24650-42-8)
- Appearance: White crystal
- Assay: >99.0%
- Melting Point: 64-68℃
- Solubility: Soluble in acetone, ethyl acetate, hot methanol, isopropyl alcohol, insoluble in water.
- Absorption Peak: 250 nm
- Package: 20 kg carton
- Main Applications: Pigmented coatings for wood, metal and plastics. Powder coatings.
Uses of Benzil Dimethyl Ketal (CAS 24650-42-8)
- Benzil Dimethyl Ketal is a new type of UV photosensitizer with excellent performance. The amount of benzil dimethyl ketal used by 0.5%-5% can produce highly active methyl radicals under ultraviolet light. It has the advantage of dark storage stability, and is a new UV photosensitizer with excellent performance.
- Benzil Dimethyl Ketal (CAS 24650-42-8) is widely used for polymerization of unsaturated monomers and their mixtures, such as acrylate, methacrylate, acrylic, acrylamide, styrene, maleic acid, fumaric acid and so on.
- It is widely used in polymerization of acrylates and monomers and polymerization and crosslinking of unsaturated polyester. Benzil Dimethyl Ketal (CAS 24650-42-8) has been applied to coatings and adhesives.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.