Photoinitiator CTX | CAS 86-39-5
Product Information of 2-Chlorothioxanthen-9-one (CAS 86-39-5)
2-Chlorothioxanthen-9-one (2-Chlorothoxanthone or Photoinitiator CTX) acts as a photoinitiator used in food packaging inks. It has also been shown to affect the endoocrine system. It is the main photoproduct of chlorprothixene, an antipsychotic.
- Product Name: 2-Chlorothioxanthen-9-one
- Synonyms: 2-Chlorothoxanthone; Photoinitiator – CTX; Photoinitiator CTX; 2-CHLOROTHIOXANTHEN-9-ONE; 9H-THIOXANTHEN-9-ONE, 2-CHLORO-; 2-chloro-9H-Thioxanthen-9-one
- CAS No: 86-39-5
- EINECS No.: 201-667-2
- Molecular Formula: C13H7ClOS
- Molecular Weight: 246.7121 g/mol
Product specifications of 2-Chlorothioxanthen-9-one
|Boiling Point||409.4°C at 760 mmHg|
|Melting Point||152.5-153.5 °C|
|Flash Point||196 °F|
Main applications of 2-Chlorothioxanthen-9-one
- Photoinitiator CTX is a photoinitiator used in food packaging inks.
- Used as a drug cloprofen intermediate.
- Pharmaceutical intermediate for the synthesis of tranquilizer Terden.
Storage Conditions: Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.