Padimate | CAS 21245-01-2
Product Information of Padimate (Photoinitiator DMBI)
Padimate is an organic compound that is an ingredient in some sunscreens. It is an ester derivative of PABA. This aromatic chemical absorbs ultraviolet rays thereby preventing sunburn. However, it’s chemical structure and behaviour is similar to an industrial free radical generator. In Europe this chemical was withdrawn in 1989 for unstated reasons. In the US it was never approved for use in sunscreens.
- Product Name: Padimate
- Synonyms: Photoinitiator DMBI; 3-methylbutyl 4-(dimethylamino)benzoate; Photoinitiator IADB
- CAS No: 21245-01-2
- EINECS No.: 244-288-8
- Molecular Formula: C14H21NO2
- Molecular Weight: 235.32 g/mol
- Storage Conditions: Store in a cool and dry place, prevent from sunlight.
Product specifications of Padimate
|Appearance||Colorless transparent liquid|
|Boiling Point||150-155°C 2.5 mm Hg|
Main applications of Padimate
- Mainly used in cosmetics UV absorption, coatings, dye intermediates.
- Trialkylamine synergists.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.