Photoinitiator 1173 | CAS 7473-98-5
2-hydroxy-2-methylpropiophenone (Photoinitiator 1173) Product Information
- Product Name: Photoinitiator 1173
- Chemical Name: 2-Hydroxy-2-methyl-1-phenyl-1-propanone
- Synonyms: HMPP; 2-hydroxy-2-methyl-1-phenylpropan-1-one; 2-hydroxy-2-methylpropiophenone; 1-Phenyl-2-hydroxy-2-methylpropan-1-one; benzoyl isopropanol; alpha-hydroxy-alpha-methylpropiophenone
- Molecular Formula: C10O2H12
- CAS No.: 7473-98-5
- EINECS NO.: 231-272-0
- Molecular Weight: 164.2 g/mol
Properties of 2-hydroxy-2-methylpropiophenone (Photoinitiator 1173)
- Key Properties: Low yellowing, excellent surface-curing.
- Appearance: Yellowish Liquid
- Assay: >99.0%
- Melting Point: 105-115 °C
- Absorption Peak: 244, 278, 322 nm
- Package: 20KG CARTON, 30KG TRAY
Applications of 2-hydroxy-2-methylpropiophenone (Photoinitiator 1173)
Photoinitiator 1173 is a high efficiency UV photoinitiator and has the characteristics of low odor, non yellowing and good color stability. It can be conveniently combined with other photoinitiators.
- UV curing coatings and inks.
- Clear coatings for wood, plastics and metal, overprint varnish.
- Highly efficient photoinitiator for UV curing system.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.