High quality gamma-Butyrolactone 96-48-0 for sale
1,4-Butyrolactone is also called gamma-Butyrolactone, γ-butyrolactone or 4-hydroxybutyric acid lactone. CAS 96-48-0. It is a colorless oily liquid that can be soluble in water and dissolve in methanol, ethanol, acetone, ether and benzene. gamma-Butyrolactone can be volatilized with water vapor and can be decomposed in a hot alkali solution, which has aromatic smell.
Anyang General Chemical Co., Ltd. is the supplier of gamma-Butyrolactone product. There can be no doubt that our company is a high quality chemicals supplier, our product has reasonable price. You can buy at ease. If you are looking for gamma-Butyrolactone suppliers, please contact us.
Related categories: Pharmaceutical Intermediates; Esters; Pesticide Intermediates; Plant Growth Regulator Intermediates; Heterocycles; Miscellaneous Reagents; Intermediates; Flavors and Spices; General Reagents; Lactones; Organic Chemical Industry; Organic Solvent; Halogenated Heterocycles; Thiophenes; Thiazolines/Thiazolidines.
Chemical property and usages of gamma-Butyrolactone 96-48-0
gamma-Butyrolactone 96-48-0 is stable in neutral medium, and it is easy to produce reversible hydrolysis in hot alkali. When pH returns to neutral, it generates again lactone. gamma-Butyrolactone is slowly hydrolyzed in acid medium.
- gamma-Butyrolactone is widely used as a spice and pharmaceutical intermediate. As a high boiling point solvent, it has strong solubility, good electrical properties and stability, which is safe to use.
- As a protic solvent, most of the low molecular polymers and some high molecular polymers can be dissolved.
- It can be used as battery electrolyte for replacing strong corrosive acid.
- In the polymerization, it can be used as a carrier and to take part in the polymerization.
- It can be used in the preparation of pyrrolidone, butyric acid, succinic acid, stripper lacquer water and so on. It is widely used in the synthesis of fine chemicals such as medicine and spices.
- It is also used as a solvent for resin. It is a high safety, low toxic and environmentally friendly solvent.
- In the field of polyurethane, it can be used as a viscosity modifier for polyurethane (active diluent), as well as a curing agent in polyurethane and amino coatings.
Preparation of gamma-Butyrolactone 96-48-0
1,4- butanediol and maleic anhydride.
N-Methylpyrrolidone, α-Pyrrolidone, α-Bromo-γ-butyrolactone, rolicyprine, sodium hydroxybutyrate.
Preparation methods of gamma-Butyrolactone 96-48-0
In industry, the synthesis of gamma-Butyrolactone is mainly through the esterification of 4-hydroxybutyric acid itself. In addition, there are other ways.
Maleic anhydride hydrogenation method
This method is an advanced process developed in 70s. Butylene oxide and gamma-Butyrolactone can be produced at any proportion by a hydrogenation reaction, the usual proportion is 3:1 or 4:1. The production enterprise is more, but the scale is small.
Dehydrogenation of 1,4-butanediol
The reactor is tubular. The reaction temperature is controlled at 230-240℃. The product is crude product of gamma-Butyrolactone, final products can be obtained by reduced pressure distillation.
The raw material is 1,4-butanediol, the first step is preheat, 1,4-butanediol reacts with hydrogen in the presence of copper catalyst. The temperature is controlled at 230-240℃, get the crude product of gamma-Butyrolactone, final products obtained by reduced pressure distillation.
Succinic anhydride hydrogenation dehydration
Now succinic anhydride has got by the hydrogenation of maleic anhydride, further gamma-Butyrolactone is obtained by hydrogenation dehydration.
Allyl alcohol method
Storage and transportation method of gamma-Butyrolactone 96-48-0
Store in a cool, ventilated storeroom. Stay away from fire and heat. gamma-Butyrolactone should be stored separately, separate from oxidant, acid, alkali, and edible chemicals. Equipped with the corresponding variety and quantity of fire equipment. The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and suitable collection materials.