1,4-Butanediol(BDO) | CAS 110-63-4
- CAS NO.: 110-63-4
- EINECS No.: 203-786-5
- Molecular Formula: C4H10O2
- Synonyms: 1,4-BUTYLENE GLYCOL; 1,4-BUTANEDIOL; 1,4-DIHYDROXYBUTANE; AKOS BBS-00004303; BDO; BUTANEDIOL, 1,4-; TETRAMETHYLENE GLYCOL; VERSALINK CURATIVE 1,4 BDO
Flammable liquid of colorless and oil-state in nature, it can be dissolved and mixed in water, methanol, ethanol, acetone and slightly soluble in ethyl ether.
- Molecular weight: 90.1
- Boiling point: 235℃
- Melting point: 20.1℃
- Flash point (open up): 121℃
- Relative density (d4-20): 1.017
- Ignition temperature: 370℃
- Rrefractive index: 1.446
- 1, 4-Butanediol is an important organic chemicals and chemical raw materials. It is the basic raw materials for the production of polyethylene terephthalate (PBT) fiber and PBT engineering plastic , which is one of the five most promising engineering plastics.
- 1, 4-Butanediol is the main raw material for the production of tetrahydrofuran （THF）, which is an imporant organic solvent and whose polymerization product polytetramethylene ether glycol (PTMEG) is the basic raw material for the production of high elastic spandex which is mainly used for the production of senior sports suits and swimming suits.
- 1, 4-Butanediol is the main raw material for the production of γ-butyrolactone, which is mainly used for the production of α-pyrrolidone and N-methyl-2-pyrrolidinine (NMP). Their derivatives such as N-vinyl pyrrolidone and polyvinyl pyrrolidone are a series of high value-added products and are widely uesd in the production of pestcides, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- 1, 4-Butanediol is an important raw material for the production of polyurethane leather, polyurethane elastomer rubber and polyurethane soles. Polyurethane elastomer is widely used in the production of soles, solid tires and drive belts.
|High-class products||Qualified products|
|Purity (Wt. %)||≥99.70||≥99.50|
|Water Content (ug /g)||≤300||≤500|
Packaging、Storage and Transportation
1, 4-Butanediol should be packaged in 200 liter nitrogen-sealed steel drums which adopts GB/T325.1 standards and ISO tank.
It must maintain its temperature not below 20℃ during storage and transportation which can avoid crystallization and be good for loading and unloading.
When transported , it should prevent sun-scorched and rain-drenched and be far away from the fire sources , heat sources and hot gases zone.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.